Sunday 15 April 2012

Foie gras

Over the years there have been many debates amongst my circle of friends about Veganism, Vegetarianism and every other ism out there. We say we need protein in our diet and I will never turn into a Vegetarian simply because I love the taste and smell of Beef. Having said that the process of slaughtering is far more humane than it has been in the past and there is pressure to ensure that it stays that way.

One thing that I cannot get my head around is the manufacturing of foie gras and how it is reaped. I have seen videos of it and I am appalled by how it is done. Top chefs like to serve it in their restaurants and we often go on about ethics. Where are they now?

In order to manufacture foie gras, tubes are inserted into the ducks and geese throats and force fed. For more information read here

No comments:

Post a Comment