Tuesday 2 April 2013

Pay what you weigh

In today's world of political correctness, the idea that we are all equal, no one is allowed to speak their mind for fear of insulting someone blah blah blah, there are often startling common sense predicaments that should be sorted out without reprisal as opposed to potentially offending anyone. With this in mind there have been a number of times when I have been at the airport with my luggage being weighed when I am a kilogram over the limit. The solution, open up the case and take out my jacket and put it on. My bag is now at the correct weight , there is no charge for excess baggage and everybody is happy. At the next check in desk, there is a person checking in who weighs more than myself and my luggage combined, but I am having to take a jacket out of my luggage to keep everyone happy. I understand that the luggage can only be  a certain weight due to the baggage handlers and what they are allowed to lift. Air Samoa are introducing a pricing system that makes you pay what you weigh. The price is based per kilogram and therefore each passengers ticket price could be different. Pay what you weigh

No comments:

Post a Comment