Friday 4 May 2012

Cell phones

Mobile phones or cell phones, different terminology depending on what continent you are on, but ultimately mean the same thing. Its big business and things have changed so much in the cell phone world. I remember having my Nokia 3310 in metallic blue, then a Motorola Pebble and now I have a Blackberry. It used to be really expensive to have a cell phone, but now you can buy a phone for $10 and talk time for $20 for the month in some outlets which is ideal for holidaymakers traveling in groups etc as my cousin found out when he recently came over with his 3 friends for a trip around California. Going back phones were simplistic in their use. Talk and text. Now we have cameras, music, blue tooth, internet roaming, games and much more. This market is huge just in terms of users, their usage and different demand and therefore market segmentation is wide and varied. Ringtones, phone covers, screens pics etc - it is just mind boggling. I have the opportunity to upgrade to an Iphone 4  for $100 or do I look at other competitors. The Samsung has just launched its new version which in turn got me thinking about how much the cell phone has come in the last 10 years. Will we need iPods, mp3, mp4 players, cameras, laptops in the future - where is this development of the cell phone going. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment