Monday 21 January 2013

Game Over

When Atari first came out, it was groundbreaking. I remember my first Atari, I had Pacman, tennis, fishing and a robot game. If memory serves me right, the ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 were also in the market place. By being the innovator, I would have thought that they would have market advantage and held the market place to ransom. Atari is now in trouble and filing for bankruptcy. It makes me wonder, how were  they first movers in the market place and now they are more or less out for the count. Where did they go wrong? Was it the difference in games, poor management, wrong strategy, ego in the board room, lack of investment? The list goes on. If the late Steve Jobs had been a part of Atari, would it be the market leader? Lots to think about and a great business example when examining strategy.Atari

No comments:

Post a Comment